Our client is a global leader in the telecommunications industry. They have a newly formed partnership in the automotive industry, involved with fleet management systems. Innovative fleet tracking software from a trusted leader in the telematics industry. More than just dots on a map, you can use advanced GPS tracking to seamlessly monitor and manage your entire mobile workforce. Their range of software solutions can support all your mobile management needs, from route optimisation, navigation, dispatch to driver coaching, compliance and mobile forms.
You will be a core contributor to the Hum Firmware Team, responsible for designing, developing, testing, and delivering firmware for next generation in-vehicle consumer telematics devices. As a QA Automation Engineer, you will be instrumental in ensuring the quality of Hum firmware deliverables by enhancing automated test frameworks, writing automated tests, maintaining QA related metrics, and upholding/enhancing QA related processes.
- Perform regression testing on firmware deliverables
- Analyse test results, perform root cause analysis, and file bug tickets as necessary
- Monitor and maintain metrics on tests such as code coverage
- Develop automated simulation and test algorithms to detect errors in embedded systems.
- Implement algorithms for testing new product features
- Work with real time operating systems and communication protocols such as LTE, WiFi, BTLE, TCP/IP, and GPS
- Design and enhance automated test frameworks and test suites for Firmware products
- Perform testing of individual bug fixes and features on firmware deliverables
- Work closely with Product and Developers to review feature requirements to plan for automated testing
- Design, document, and execute test procedures
- Education/Learning Experience: Bachelor’s Degree (EE, CE, or CS preferred) or equivalent experience
- Work Experience: 1-2 years of QA experience
- Desired experience with C and at least one OO language (e.g. C++, C#, Java, or Python)
- Desired ability to read/write code down to a white box level and provide clear root cause analysis
- Desired experience with Hardware in the Loop (HiL) testing
- Experience with test runners and test management systems (e.g. Robot Framework, TestRail,)
- Experience with unit, integration, and system level testing on embedded software platforms
- Passion for technology and willingness to learn
If interested in this opportunity, apply today! If you know anybody who would be good for this role, feel free to share it with a friend.