Our client is a global leader in the telecommunications industry. They have a newly formed partnership in the automotive industry, involved with fleet management systems. Innovative fleet tracking software from a trusted leader in the telematics industry. More than just dots on a map, you can use advanced GPS tracking to seamlessly monitor and manage your entire mobile workforce. Their range of software solutions can support all your mobile management needs, from route optimisation, navigation, dispatch to driver coaching, compliance and mobile forms.
You will be responsiblie for the uptime, preformance, incident management and tracking of system and hardware defects for a global Saas based product. This is a hands-on role that requires a sense of urgency and a candidate willing to take on responsibility for the delivery of a world class service to their customers.The role will involve collaborating with a team of business analysts, developers, engineers and customer care teams.
- Drive Incident and Problem ticket root cause analysis and resolutions.
- Help reduce the team’s average MTTR time by following ITIL Incident Management frameworks.
- Knowledge of electronics, network, database management and operating systems.
- Collect and document data on hardware performance, problems and failures.
- Maintain and help drive system and hardware uptime and performance.
- Actively monitor, log and respond to production application/hardware incidents.
- Communicate with Customer Care Representatives, Hardware Engineering and Field Installation Technicians on resolving escalated technical problems and issues.
- Working with hardware vendors to resolve issues and drive improvements.
- Data driven decisions making on identifying and resolving hardware/in-field issues.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the team manage.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Two or more years of experience in an Application or Hardware Support Role.
- Vehicle Wiring knowledge, electronic diagnostic practices and knowledge of automotive schematics.
- Ability to utilize SQL Database to run basic querying for troubleshooting.
- Experience with 12/24V vehicle installation practices and aftermarket product experience.
- Familiar with Windows server environments, Windows and native Services, Console Services, Event Logging, and Viewers.
- Cell carrier knowledge with Modem, SIM and APN configuration experience.
- SMS/UDP communication knowledge.
- Ability to learn or utilize Scripting technologies
If interested in this opportunity, apply today! If you know anybody who would be good for this role, feel free to share it with a friend.